Issues with ZEN ISP after IPv4 changes

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
  • Big Contributor
  • Big Contributor
More
28 Feb 2024 12:46 #1 by piste basher
Issues with ZEN ISP after IPv4 changes was created by piste basher
At the end of last week Zen changed the IPv4 address range that I have had for many years to a new range. Their reasons for doing this are not, as far as I know, relevant to this issue.

An immediate effect of the change was that several websites, including Windows, suddenly detected that I was in a different time zone, Chicago to be precise, with a different ISP.

Zen are working on this but so far it has not been satisfactorily resolved.

It also appears that I have lost IPv6 connectivity. I cannot be certain that this occurred at the same time as the IPv4 change, but I strongly suspect that it did. Zen claim that the IPv4 change should have had no effect on the IPv6 system, and they do not appear to be interested in pursuing this further.

EDIT - I appear to have solved the IPv6 problem by enabling RIPng on the IPv6 page - odd, because the last time I had a problem I had to disable it :roll: Still, seems to be working now.

I am just asking whether anyone else here is using Zen as their ISP and, if so, whether their IPv4 assignment has been changed with or without any issues as described above. Router is 2927ax with Vigor 130 as vdsl modem.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2024 11:35 #2 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Issues with ZEN ISP after IPv4 changes
Probably best to post this on Kitz forum, as there are a number of zen users there, but also zen reps.

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
  • Big Contributor
  • Big Contributor
More
29 Feb 2024 16:36 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Issues with ZEN ISP after IPv4 changes
Thanks, I'll have a look over there.

Moderators: Sami