DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2866 Setup with Unifi Single AP with seperate Wifi networks

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2024 15:50 #1 by draytek_2865_2
Hello all,

I have a 2866 with VLAN0 setup on a 192.168.1.xx subnet and VLAN1 is setup with a subnet of 192.168.25..xx I also have a UniFi U6-LR which is plugged into the LAN picking up a DHCP address and I have a Unifi software controller setup to manage it.

I am hoping to setup a guest SSID on a seperate subnet from the main 192.168.1.xx network and use the 192.168.25.xx one instead. I have setup two networks on the Unfi controller and setup the two SSID's, the is setup to use the main 192.168.1.xx and the guest is setup to use 192.168.25.xx within the network part of the Unfi controller I have used VLAN ID of 5 and then setup the same VLAN tag on teh VLAN part of the 2866 for Subnet 2 on 25.xx. I don't seem to be able to get an DHCP IP address when connecting to the the guest network. DHCP is enabled on the 25.xx subnet.

Is it possible to do what I am trying to do with the Unifi AP and guest network?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2024 11:36 #2 by jfannon
I'm not sure about your specific configuration, but we managed to get a guest SSID working on additional access points (Draytek AP906 & 960c) by following the steps in this article (https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5992) to allow the AP to connect to the gateway when the Isolate LAN option is ticked for the SSID.

Perhaps yours is a silmilar issue? However, not sure how you would implement similar on a Unifi AP.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami