DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Limit VPN to one way only

More
20 Mar 2024 11:51 #13 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Re: Limit VPN to one way only
I did see that thread yeah. Maybe have a look at that after this..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2024 18:40 #14 by lesd
Replied by lesd on topic Re: Limit VPN to one way only
I ticked all the boxes on the vlan0 and restarted the router but lan2 to 8 are still all greyed out.

Les

More
21 Mar 2024 19:17 #15 by HodgesanDY
In the VLAN Configuration page, on the VLAN2 row, did you select LAN2 in the drop-down on the far right, under the heading ‘Subnet’? My fault, I forgot to mention that in my explanation previously.

Also, you don’t need to enable VLAN Tag at this stage.

Additionally, wherever you ticked the port or SSID for VLAN2, de-tick it in VLAN0!

Let me know if that enables the LAN2 now…

More
24 Mar 2024 12:20 #16 by tgold
Replied by tgold on topic Re: Limit VPN to one way only
Instead of RDP maybe consider using Chrome Remote Desktop. The advantage of Google's solution is that it connects through their cloud and so you can access remote hosts even when they are sitting behind CGNAT, unlike with Microsoft's RDP where a direct connection requires appropriately open ports.

More
24 Mar 2024 13:50 #17 by lesd
Replied by lesd on topic Re: Limit VPN to one way only
Thank you for your suggestion. I'm afraid its not appropriate in this case. My usage of RDP is in a professional capacity. I'm using software that allows me to connect to hundreds of users to provide support.

So I need the same method for all - basically a single-click solution to make the connection, often having simultaneous connections to many different sites.

Les

More
24 Mar 2024 14:04 #18 by HodgesanDY
Hi Les, as previously stated, that you want to have them connect to you because they have no static public IP for you to connect to them, you can, once established, just disable the LAN-to-LAN profile at your end and that will allow you to enable it only when you need it. That is how I have it setup for some sites I manage. Just a side note, in case you hadn’t thought about that option.

Either way, you still need to get the LAN-to-LAN established so we can get to the fun part. How are you getting on with that?

Moderators: Sami