Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

CSM & Web contect filtering

• scott_connor
  • Topic Author
More
25 Apr 2024 19:31 #1 by scott_connor
CSM & Web contect filtering was created by scott_connor
Hi All,

I am trying to implement web content filtering for the first time. This is for a nursery so it needs to be spot on. Basically there are 2 x office PC`s (computer A & Computer B) and then all other clients which are a mixture of Ipads and laptops. I basically need computer A to have full unrestricted access to the internet, computer B to have full access apart from social media, and then all other clients to have no internet access other then 4 or 5 specific websites. I have an active subscription to the web content server, and the router is a 2762n on the latest firmware. I have tried to do it how i think, but when i enable the web content profile on the default firewall page it completely kills everything.

Any advice please, i have tried the online guides but they cover a blanket deployment.

Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2024 23:43 #2 by xvk4
Replied by xvk4 on topic Re: CSM & Web contect filtering
Hello Scott,
Not sure if this helps but I have a similar requirement of some computers needing reasonably unrestricted access and others needed very tightly controlled access (Childrens pcs). Firstly can you put the office computers onto a separate VLAN, with a separate address range as this then makes it easier in the firewall settings to control the setting to the pc. Secondly I also had a lot of issues getting the firewall rules correct and many times messed it up (having your office computers on a separate VLAN makes the testing easier as it is now harder to mess up your main pc - set the source ip to be the address range of your iPads and laptops). The area I kept getting wrong was the Filter->Action and I finally realised to set it as Pass immediately to get the App enforcement to filter. Also ticking the box for syslog helps as then you can see what the firewall filters are doing.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami