DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

4.4.5 now available on 2865. But....

More
02 May 2024 11:26 #1 by pharcyder
4.4.5 now available on 2865. But.... was created by pharcyder
....its a bit half backed. Wireguard is now broken. Previous working accounts now no longer work. Setting up new accounts from scratch don't appear to work. The Client Configurator misses out key details from the client configuration like the port the service listens to (it shows NaN instead) and the Public Key of the Peer. Even if I manually add those in, clients can't connect.

"If PPTP or L2TP is enabled, password cannot be null" is thrown up when creating new Wireguard Accounts even when PPTP and L2TP services are not ticked.

As others have pointed out, Bind to IP Client Comments become corrupt. Seems to include characters from the next entry in the list.

Router has crashed once already. Was rock solid on 4.4.3.x

Still testing the other features so will update here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2024 12:01 #2 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Re: 4.4.5 now available on 2865. But....
Hi pharcyder,

Regarding:

"If PPTP or L2TP is enabled, password cannot be null" is thrown up when creating new Wireguard Accounts even when PPTP and L2TP services are not ticked.

Try enabling the ‘Wireguard’ option in “VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Access Control Setup”, and cancel the request that may pop up to reboot the router, then go back to the profile you’re trying to configure and de-tick the ‘Wireguard’ option (which is ticked and grey-out by default when not using Wireguard globally). Now you should be able to save the profile.

Then de-tick the ‘Wireguard’ option in “VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Access Control Setup” again, cancelling any request to reboot.

This is clearly a stupid oversight by the programmers when they added the ‘Wireguard’ feature in a FW update many months ago; and it’s still not fixed.

Sorry, on re-reading your dilemma again, I see yours is the reverse of what I’m highlighting. Although it may work equally but in reverse, by enabling/disabling the PPTP and/or L2TP options to make changes.

More
02 May 2024 12:42 #3 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: 4.4.5 now available on 2865. But....
Thanks for sharing....but yes it doesn't help the Wireguard Problem. WG is just fundamentally broken in 4.4.5. Disabling / Enabling the service and setting up Dial in accounts from scratch just doesn't work any more. Rolling back to 4.4.3.2 works just fine for existing and new dial in accounts.

More
03 May 2024 16:16 #4 by txrx
Replied by txrx on topic Re: 4.4.5 now available on 2865. But....
Same here on a 2865Lac, tried firmware 4.4.5 and it crashed and rebooted, not to mention the mess that is the IP Bind comments.

I would advise anyone to stay away from from firmware 4.4.5 until the issues are resolved.

Gone back to 4.4.3.2 and all is good again.

• betwixt
  • User
  • User
More
08 May 2024 21:56 #5 by betwixt
Replied by betwixt on topic Re: 4.4.5 now available on 2865. But....
IP binding was corrupted here too but worse still, the two VOIP ports are both failing to register. Settings seem fine and unchanged from before the upgrade but the lines are not registering on the VOIP providers system. I went back to 4.4.3.2 and it all immediately started working again.
I thought the phone was unusually quiet!

More
10 Jul 2024 14:23 #6 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: 4.4.5 now available on 2865. But....
If anyone is wondering, 4.4.5.1 is now out for the 2865 & 2866 but does not fix any of the issues reported here.