DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor router, web interface intermittently unconnectable

• pol098
  • Topic Author
More
03 May 2024 14:49 #1 by pol098
I'm using a 2860Vn , but the problem is probably not specific to this model. After using it successfully for years, I'm having various new problems connecting. The most noticeable is that the Web interface intermittently can't be accessed from a browser; the login page comes up, on entering correct login details the frame of the Web interface comes up but does not fill with data; and after a while I get "The connection was reset". This persists until I switch the router off and on (I can't reboot from the non-connected Web interface); this allows normal access to the router Web interface via the browser for a while, then disconnects again till router reboot. There have also recently been other issues: the WiFi connection to the router drops, resolvable by rebooting the computer; on waking the computer the WiFi connection to the router takes much longer than it did before. I sometimes have Internet dropouts (and had them before), but the Internet connection works (possibly slower than usual) even when the Web interface fails.

I am mainly using a Windows 10/64 laptop to connect via WiFi, but the "connection reset" also manifests from a desktop Win10/64 with a wired LAN connection and using Windows Defender instead of Avast antivirus (disabling Avast doesn't help either). The problem started shortly after the latest WIn10 update to the computers, though that's likely to be coincidence. Everything was working fine for a long time after the latest router firmware update, so I don't suspect the router firmware version. "Updating" the router firmware to the same (latest) version I was using before doesn't help.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Best wishes, pol098

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.