DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3300V second WAN alias problmes

• cbutle
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2006 17:57 #1 by cbutle
I have a Vigor 3300v set up using two of the four WAN ports. NAT port forwarding to internal servers works fine on WAN1 and any aliases bound to WAN1. Port forwarding on WAN2 only seems to work for the default address bound to WAN2 and not any of its aliases

Anyone els noticed this?

regards,

Chris Butler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2006 19:11 #2 by tio_mike
Replied by tio_mike on topic Vigor 3300V second WAN alias problmes
Hi Chris

I noticed this.

I set up a 3300v on a backup ADSL first to test including 1 to 1 NAT on a WAN1 Alias IP and was OK, then I added the second (main) link on WAN2 and was pulling my hair out trying to get it to work.

Swapped the WAN ports/IP addressing around and the main ADSL address mapping now works, but no joy on WAN2 still.

Looks like a bug to me.

Mike

• cbutle
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jul 2006 19:24 #3 by cbutle
Replied by cbutle on topic Vigor 3300V second WAN alias problems
We took this up with Draytek. The have now released a beta firmware upgrade that we have tried and it seems to fix the problem. It also seems to fix a another problem whereby the 3300 continues to respond to pings even when you have told it not to. So far we have only put the new firmware on our own 3300.

More
15 Jan 2010 23:17 #4 by pyranetuk
Replied by pyranetuk on topic Us too
We got the demo unit for our own internal use and we have exactly the same issue. I'm no longer in the office to swap the ports around but I too have our connection with multiple IP's in WAN2 and port redirection doesn't work.

Also doesn't everyone else feel dissapointed that there are no "Open ports" setup on the 3300v? On every other Draytek as far as I can remember they've had "Open Ports" which makes setting up internal servers easy. It has taken me an age to do the same thing on the 3300. I think this demo unit has demonstrated to me that we shouldn't sell them and to stick with 2820's and 2950's.

Moderators: Sami