DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigorswitch P2260 - Backup battery

• markaut
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jun 2020 21:02 #1 by markaut
Vigorswitch P2260 - Backup battery was created by markaut
After getting my unit installed in the cabinet, connected up and configured we had a brief power outage. It was then that I realised that the backup battery had died. I've set everything back up and we are running again, but I could do with fixing this.

I know it's a longshot, but does anyone have a similar unit on on a bench that they could pop the lid on (or have some schematics) and let me know the batter type? - I know it's a small lithium coin cell about the size of a penny, and it should just pop out from its holder. It's in around the centre of the main board, but google has failed me.

On the plus side, setting up the vlans was an absolute doddle!

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2020 12:46 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigorswitch P2260 - Backup battery
Are you sure it has a battery? I'd imagine that all settings are in NVRAM and time from NTP...

Forum Administrator

• markaut
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jun 2020 15:32 #3 by markaut
Replied by markaut on topic Re: Vigorswitch P2260 - Backup battery
Yeah, there's a little coin cell. I even worked out how it unclips. When I had the box open last I thought "I should replace that before I install it". But of course I forgot to note the type, forgot all about it, and then installed the unit.
Could be a memory chip gone, but unlikely as everything seems to be OK, it just loses its memory on a power cycle, just like some computers. Keep the power on and its perfectly happy. I assume the battery does the memory, little use for one otherwise I'd have thought.

It does get time from ntp, but of course settings like timezone (vlans etc) reset to default.

I need to swap out one of the fans (I replaced it with a cheap one which sounds like a hair dryer), so I'll get it then and report back. - Someone on the forum might appreciate it.