VigorSwitch P2280 & Firmware 2.6.2

• cappserv
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jun 2020 11:44 #1 by cappserv
VigorSwitch P2280 & Firmware 2.6.2 was created by cappserv
Is anyone else having issues with the VigorSwitch P2280 & the lastest Firmware 2.6.2 ?

I've just had to regress my three, (Access Layer) VigorSwitch P2280's back to Firmware 2.6.0 because I was having issues with LAG Link Aggregation Groups on Firmware 2.6.2, the LAG's would disappear from the config if the switch rebooted. I run UPS's so this wouldn't normally be much of an issue except on this latest Firmware 2.6.2 at least two of my three VigorSwitch P2280's were rebooting every few hours on their own. This could be seen in their system uptime counter/clock.
I don't think this was an issue on my (Core Switch) which is a VigorSwitch G2500 also running Firmware 2.6.2 as when I check the LAG groups the ethernet ports are still in the configuration as I programmed them, and no self rebooting. The VigorSwitch G2500 also talks to two older VigorSwitch P1100 10 port switches out on the edge of my home network flawlessly using LAG's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jun 2020 14:14 #2 by colinjmair
Replied by colinjmair on topic Re: VigorSwitch P2280 & Firmware 2.6.2
I have both a P2280 and a G2280, both on firmware 2.6.2, both showing uptime of 19 days. They have both been rebooted, manually, at least once since 2.6.2 was installed. There is a LAG between the switches and the G2280 also has a LAG to a NAS and another LAG to a server.
The only strange thing I've noticed with 2.6.2, under VLAN Management, Interface settings, when the 'new' front panel image gets shown, the logout and notifications icons, in the web page heading, disappear. They don't come back even when you go back to the Dashboard view.

regards

Colin

• cappserv
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jul 2020 12:27 #3 by cappserv
Replied by cappserv on topic Re: VigorSwitch P2280 & Firmware 2.6.2

colinjmair wrote:
The only strange thing I've noticed with 2.6.2, under VLAN Management, Interface settings, when the 'new' front panel image gets shown, the logout and notifications icons, in the web page heading, disappear. They don't come back even when you go back to the Dashboard view.

Hi Colin, I haven't noticed any images disappearing and I've been watching the switches like a hawk as you might imagine. Looking like my problems are with my Core Switch, the VigorSwitch G2500 also running Firmware 2.6.2 which I've now regressed back to older firmware 2.4.3, (along with the three P2280's) and the rebooting has stopped and some other strange connectivity issues have also gone away. Right now my main rack looks like a 5-year-old patched it up and it's going to stay like that while I let the current configuration soak for a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed, everything is ticking along fine on the older firmware right now.

I've been a loyal fanboy of DrayTek since the dialup days of ISDN and Alcatel Green Frog ADSL modems, so I've gone through quite a few switch and router upgrades with them over the years but right now I'm starting reserve some of that loyalty and increasingly being drawn in by Ubiquiti's solutions.