Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorSwitch G1260 - Reset Factory Defaults

• starmanuk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Feb 2021 15:24 #1 by starmanuk
Purchased a used G1260 switch - I've read the manual and configured a local direct connection using 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 and attempting to access 192.168.1.1 - with no success.

The manual sates to reset to factory defaults you need to hold the front panel MODE button for 3 seconds. I've attempted this and the whole display lit up but I am still unable to login.

Anyone able to offer some assistance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
16 Feb 2021 16:46 #2 by adrianh54

• starmanuk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Feb 2021 08:29 #3 by starmanuk
Replied by starmanuk on topic Re: VigorSwitch G1260 - Reset Factory Defaults
Thanks for the suggestion - there is no specific reset button on the model only a MODE button. Attempted anyway with no success.

Only feature I've found is hold down MODE for ~25 seconds causes a reboot with either 1, 2, 3 or 4 LAN port LED lit along with 21 or 22 on the SFP ports - no mention I found find in the manual what this means however and still cannot communicate.

• starmanuk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2021 07:20 #4 by starmanuk
Replied by starmanuk on topic Re: VigorSwitch G1260 - Reset Factory Defaults
Ok - so eventually I found that to factory reset this model you hold the MODE button for approx 20 seconds until all LED light up for 5 seconds then it reboots. Followed by using a direct Ethernet connection from a device using a suitable IP to access 192.168.1.224 and a default password of 'admin'.