DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Access point VLANs wont pass through switch

• pbripley
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2021 22:58 #1 by pbripley
Please could somebody assist with this!

I have a 1060c access point and a 2962 router. Router is set up with 5 subnets and 5 vlans.

Previously I had the two connected via a managed switch that was not in any way configured. The VLAN's assigned on the SSID's in the access point passed through to the router just fine and the router provided the relevant ip details via DHCP.

Recently I purchased a P2100 switch so I could set up port based vlans, which I have working just fine.

Link between the router and the switch is in Trunk Mode with a PVID of 1 for the untagged traffic and Tagged VLAN's set as 20,30,40 & 50. Devices hard wired to the other ports and in access mode with a PVID of 20,30,40 & 50. These work just fine.

Only problem is now the devices connected to the VLAN's on the access point will not receive an IP address. Ive tried putting the link to the access point in trunk mode with the same settings but it will not work.

Any thoughts would be most appriciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pbripley
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2021 23:30 #2 by pbripley
Sorted my problem after 5 hours of struggling with it and posting in the forum. I had the cables mixed up in the switch :(

School boy error, didn't check the basics

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
11 Dec 2021 15:55 #3 by mbames
Better than me, I found my Neatgear managed switch was eating my guest vlan tags, and also my SamKnows monitor box was also gobbling them up. Double pain, plus a miss-configuration issue too :lol:

Always nice to get it working!