DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

P2261 TR-069, ACS or VigorConnect Support

• mrchrisbaird
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2022 12:09 #1 by mrchrisbaird
P2261 TR-069, ACS or VigorConnect Support was created by mrchrisbaird
I run a network of AP9xx access points, 286x series gateways and P2261 switches for PoE.

There's no value in implementing ACS yet as the P2261 doesn't seem to be supported.

Is there a plan to bring it into VigorConnect at least?

Interesting that the 2860 gateways detect it within switch management and it can be managed on the router, but VigorConnect cannot discover it nor are there any configuration options for ACS server or TR-069 config.

This is such a good switch, I just kind of expected that support would be there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2022 13:12 #2 by admin3
The VigorSwitch P2261 has been out of production for quite a while now. One of the reasons DrayTek made new switches to replace it, is that with the VigorSwitch P2261, the customisation that DrayTek could do to the switch's firmware was limited in some ways - it was possible to get switch management from a DrayTek router.

With the new switches from the P1280/P2280 onwards, DrayTek have been able to more extensively develop the switch firmware/OS. Which has meant that DrayTek can add features that weren't possible before, like the ONVIF camera management. And made it possible to have TR-069 switch management, making integration with VigorACS and VigorConnect possible.

I believe that VigorACS has some integration with the router's switch management possibly? So if an older switch, like the VigorSwitch P2261 is connected, it may have some management capability. Using the router to provision changes.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami