DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Error 651 Your modem (or other connecting device) has report

• acuity
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jun 2008 13:56 #1 by acuity
Hi. I might need a little help on my VPN issue.
When I try to VPN to the vigor 2820, Sometimes, I can connect immediatelly and everything works just fine. But in about 50% of connection attemps, I will get "Error 651 Your modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error". We are supporting many different vigor models, and this problem is occuring occasionally on all of them.
Strangely enough, I discovered workaround. After the error message, I go to the web interface of the router, browse some config pages without changing anything and try to connect to the VPN which will then work fine again.
But this is not very convinient way of connecting to the VPN and certainly cannot be applied on our customersl. As this is happening quite often, I'd like to know if this may be a firmware or something similar easily fixable .....

Had anyone come accross similar issues, or possibly even know the solution? Thank you all in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• niceguyeddie
  • User
  • User
More
05 Aug 2009 18:47 #2 by niceguyeddie
Replied by niceguyeddie on topic VPN Issue
Hi there, did you ever get a resolution on this issue as one of my customers is having this issue?

More
06 Aug 2009 16:55 #3 by lamypie123
Replied by lamypie123 on topic vigor 2910
I'm having the same problem,

i've tried using the latest firmware - no joy. I'm testing out the draytek VPN client at the moment as all the users so far have only connected using windows vpn client.

Not holding my breath but will let you know if the Draytek VPN client turns out successful or not.