DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help - VPN server IP address not recognised

• rayfenwick
  • Topic Author
More
19 May 2009 11:06 #1 by rayfenwick
Hello all. Newbie here, so sorry if I inadvertently break any rules with this posting.

I have an odd ISP that has DHCP for the router, but requires all traffic to be sent through a PPTP VPN. I've been doing this via the PPTP client on my iMac that they set up for me with no problems. I recently bought a MacBook Pro, and managed to copy the settings over and the laptop also can connect successfully, and the machines can communicate with each other, but of course I can only use one machine on the internet at a time...

I have a 2900vg, and have been told I can use its PPTP client to pass everything through the VPN so that I can use both machines on the net at the same time.

I've tried setting up the LAN to LAN, but the ISP's VPN server IP of 10.240.15.255 is not accepted by the router, because when I re-open the settings page it has been 'crunched' into 1024015255. Entering the same but ending in 254 is accepted fine, but of course it isn't correct for my ISP. All the other details seem fine.

What can I do to get around this - any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any/all help

Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rayfenwick
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2009 09:39 #2 by rayfenwick
Replied by rayfenwick on topic Help - VPN server IP address not recognised
Doesn't anyone have any idea how I can get around this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami