DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

tvcatchup VPN

• prhamlet
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2009 16:12 #1 by prhamlet
tvcatchup VPN was created by prhamlet

Thanks for your interest in our Network services and their fringe benefits - such as watching UK TV.
Please try these instructions first- you won't "break" anything by trying !!

The following information is for Microsoft Windows XP/Vista

1. Go to "help and support" in Windows
2. search for VPN
3. follow the wizard instructions to set up a new VPN connection ( calling it , for example, UK VPN -see below )
4. Select smith_mark as your user name
5. Select limpic as your password
6. Select vpnuk.uktvabroad.com as the IP address / host name

I received the above instructions to try out tvcatchup. It works on a single PC but I was wondering if a 2600VG can be set up such that all computers connected to the router browse through this proxy with no additional VPN setup?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2009 18:53 #2 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic tvcatchup VPN
not wise to put the actual details on.
i would imagine the vpn would work as windows just creates a vpn connection via pptp or ispec. go through the wizard noting what it is doing eg pptp etc and just create the vpn within the router.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

More
27 May 2009 07:53 #3 by paulrh
Replied by paulrh on topic tvcatchup VPN

louis-m wrote: not wise to put the actual details on.
i would imagine the vpn would work as windows just creates a vpn connection via pptp or ispec. go through the wizard noting what it is doing eg pptp etc and just create the vpn within the router.

Thanks. I will run through the wizard and try to decipher what settings it is making.

The above logon details have been changed from what was supplied so will not work. However to get a working temporary logon all anyone has to do is e-mail tvcatchup for a time-limited trial.