Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPSec VPN with current Drayteks

• runningdeere
  • Topic Author
More
29 May 2009 16:00 #1 by runningdeere
IPSec VPN with current Drayteks was created by runningdeere
Hi,

Does anyone have any information about how to set up IPSec VPN tunnels from Windows machines (XP and Vista) to a recent Draytek (specifically a 2820)?
All the information I can find relates to older routers and older versions of windows (well not Vista anyway)

I would prefer to do this without any extra client software if possible, although I do have the current Watchguard client that I use for another connection.

I already have a couple of PPTP connections working to the router, so I need to know how to set up the router to accept IPSec connections and configure the security, and then how to set up Windows to connect using IPSec and not PPTP

Any help appreciated.
Thankyou.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2009 17:53 #2 by stuey
Replied by stuey on topic Here you go
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/vpn_setup2.html

• runningdeere
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2009 18:02 #3 by runningdeere
Replied by runningdeere on topic IPSec VPN with current Drayteks
Yes thanks, seen that. But it's over 5 years old, and there is very little information about IPSec.

More
10 Jun 2009 19:44 #4 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic IPSec VPN with current Drayteks
I'd tread very carefully...

I've managed to get them using drayteks "simple client" type thingy and they're worked fine.

Until I'm 6000 miles away from my network and it all decides to go pear shaped. Rejected passwords, strange domain errors and all sorts of rubbish.

This has happened to me a few times in the last year or so, I may get brave and try again sometime but for now I'm sticking with something I know works.

Moderators: Sami