DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN Connection issue 2800

More
06 Jul 2009 15:09 #1 by anils
VPN Connection issue 2800 was created by anils
I'm having some VPN issues with remote users who up until now have been able to connect without any problems. For some reason users are unable to connect when using Microsoft's VPN software or Draytek VPN connection tool and at other times, say after 5 continuous attempts are able to connect ok. This seems to be random too. Running BT ADSL, pptp, standard setup, firmware 2.8.2. .

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2009 11:39 #2 by lamypie123
Replied by lamypie123 on topic Vigor 2910
Hello,

I am also having the same issue! Please if you find a solution can you post back on here with it

Many Thanks
Chris

• niceguyeddie
  • User
  • User
More
06 Aug 2009 14:06 #3 by niceguyeddie
Replied by niceguyeddie on topic Re: Vigor 2910
I am also having this issue, is there any fix's or do i need to go back to an earlier firmware

More
17 Aug 2009 09:56 #4 by anils
Replied by anils on topic VPN Connection issue 2800
I think i've resolved the problem i was having.

here's what i did

Backed up the router config. Downloaded the latest firmware update and used the .rst file to reset the router firmware and config. Once done logged back into the router and uploaded the config back on the router.

Check also that you dont have any DNS issues - do a few ping tests to reslove server name and IP from the remote client. You may need to add your DNS servers details in the properties of the VPN settings and dns suffix. Check your remote client firewall settings and ensure that you have the relevent ports and exceptions set.