DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn VPN connectivity showing but unable to use network

• dbirch
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jul 2009 14:54 #1 by dbirch
I was previously using a Vigor 2800G?

I have now upgraded to a 2820Vn, and although I've done my best to copy over the settings necessary to configure the vigor's vpn features and can create a connection from my laptop successfully, I am unable to achieve any working connectivity with the remote network (i.e. ping, rdesktop).

I am administering the new router remotely through the web interface, I can see my IPSEC vpn connection in connection management. But although pinging the routers internal IP 10.0.0.15 (default was changed from 192.168.1.1) from my laptop after creating a connection to it with my VPN client does show some traffic traversing the connection but...no replies from the router can be seen in my command window. Similarly rdesktop is not working.

My VPN client (TheGreenBow IPSec VPN client) is using the same working settings from the 2800G (IP addresses, passwords encryption etc). And as I mentioned, I've reconfigured the new router properly, everything else is fine, wireless access, backup adsl line etc...

The 2820Vn is using firmware 3.3.0.1.

I've added 'vpn 2ndsubnet on' from the command line.

Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bagpuss
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jul 2009 09:59 #2 by bagpuss
I have a similar problem, however if I disable the 'For IP Routing Usage' on the LAN->General Setup page, I have full VPN connectivity, I can ping/access. Without it the VPN comes up but no ping/access, I really need the routing on as well. I too have tried the 'vpn 2ndsubnet on', no joy...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.