DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Routing traffic through remote gateway - 2820

• rcs1000
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2009 08:35 #1 by rcs1000
Hi,

I have a Draytek 2820, which connects to a PPTP VPN in the US. (Through LAN-to-LAN.)

I would like certain traffic to be routed through the remote gateway. So, when anyone on the LAN tries to access Hulu, then it goes through the VPN.

Is there any way to set routing tables on the 2820 to achieve this?

Many thanks,

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2009 21:02 #2 by drewy
click on the more button in the TCP/IP Network Settings area of the lan to lan vpn setup screen and then add the ip's and subnet masks for the servers you won't to route traffic over the vpn link for.

I do this for the same purpose :)

More
23 Jan 2010 21:36 #3 by orlovsky
Replied by orlovsky on topic Routing traffic through remote gateway - 2820
Would either of you have a list of ips & subnets you're using for this? I've done some digging but can't find a definate list.

Thanks!

Orlovsky

More
24 Jan 2010 16:28 #4 by drewy

orlovsky wrote: Would either of you have a list of ips & subnets you're using for this? I've done some digging but can't find a definate list.

Thanks!

Orlovsky

It's a right mare. At one point I had it working great for Netflix, Hulu and CBS and then they all seemed to change something and it all went bad.

I was just accessing the sites through a desktop vpn connection and then using wireshark to trace out all the connections, then by trail and error working out which connections needed to go via the vpn and which could use a ny UK net connection. At one point I did manage (for a few days) to have the actual video stream going via my UK isp while some of the other connections ran via the US vpn server. This was great since I could stream in high quailty without swamping the vpn connection.

In the end I've given up, way too much hardwork to keep it working, cancelled my netflix account and moved on.

More
24 Jan 2010 20:36 #5 by orlovsky
Replied by orlovsky on topic Routing traffic through remote gateway - 2820
Yeah, that's about the situation I'm in. Thanks though!