DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Domain Names

• jamespigott
  • Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2009 18:15 #1 by jamespigott
Domain Names was created by jamespigott
Hi, It does state somewhere that the IP addresses should be of a different set i.e. 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 for your two sites, but it does not mention if the Domains can have the same name or not. Anyone know please?

Also my vpn (L2TP IPSec on Vigor 2820) connects ok but there are some small issues I would like to solve:

1. It would seem that my local internet traffic starts to go through the vpn once connected rather than using the local router
2. I loose all DNS names to servers and PCs (Cisco 857W seemed not to have this problem) Have I missed something in the setup?
3. File transfer is much slower than with the old Cisco box (dumped because the wireless config was out-of-touch and the web interface was not updated). No compression is occuring - can I config this?

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jamespigott
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2009 12:40 #2 by jamespigott
Replied by jamespigott on topic Update
Still can't work out how to send my local internet traffic through my router rather than the remote router (via the VPN). Any pointers most welcome.

DNS and speed related and now sorted with firmware 3.3.3.

More
17 Dec 2009 14:39 #3 by njh
Replied by njh on topic Re: Update

jamespigott wrote: Still can't work out how to send my local internet traffic through my router rather than the remote router (via the VPN). Any pointers most welcome.

If the 2820 is like my 2900, make sure in the VPN LAN-LAN Profile Setup > TCP/IP Network Settings > Change default route to this VPN tunnel is not checked.

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

• jamespigott
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2009 15:14 #4 by jamespigott
Replied by jamespigott on topic Domain Names
Brilliant, thanks! Traceroute now avoids my remote router.