DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 LAN to LAN will not automatically establish

More
26 Nov 2009 12:16 #1 by fork
I'm using a 2820Vn at home, and I have a 2820n at a customer site. I have setup a LAN to LAN profile which works perfectly. The "Call Direction" is set to "Both" so that the VPN is automatically established if any computer at either site tries to connect to a computer at the other site.

I have intentionally NOT set the VPN to "Always On" as I don't want my 2820 holding open an unnecessary VPN connection (to try and keep the device running as fast as possible with the least amount of overhead on its CPU).

This has all worked absolutely fine with firmware 3.3.2.x - if either site tries to contact the other site then the VPN is brought up automatically by the 2820 at the site that made the conneciton request.

However, since upgrading to firware 3.3.3.x (including all the 3.3.3 betas & RC's) this has failed to work. The 2820 will not bring up the VPN connection automatically. I have to go to the Connection Management page and "dial" the connection.

Can anyone tell me whether they are seeing the same thing? Or if you're using firmware 3.3.3.x and are not having this problem then please let me know as well - that would be helpful when I come to log it with DrayTek support.

Absolutely nothing has changed on the routers apart from the firmware upgrade, and the problem goes away when I downgrade back to a 3.3.2.x firmware. I have re-downloaded and re-installed the final 3.3.3 firmware three times just to make sure that I didn't get a bad download or bad upgrade, but it hasn't helped.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks,

Fork.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.