DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820Vn and Windows 7 VPN

• samprior
  • Topic Author
More
01 Dec 2009 18:34 #1 by samprior
Vigor 2820Vn and Windows 7 VPN was created by samprior
Could someone please provide a step by step guide to configuring an IPSec VPN tunnel when using a Windows 7 client PC and DrayTek Vigor 2820Vn router. I have tried all sorts of configurations all day with no success. I have tried following the existing Vista documents however the steps are now slightly different in Windows 7 and these guides no longer seem to work.

Thanks in advance.
Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mordorf
  • User
  • User
More
03 Dec 2009 11:31 #2 by mordorf
Replied by mordorf on topic Vigor 2820Vn and Windows 7 VPN
Try using the Draytek Smart VPN Client and running it in Vista compatibility mode, you may also need to run it as administrator.

More
09 Dec 2009 10:31 #3 by coldfire_3000
Replied by coldfire_3000 on topic Vigor 2820Vn and Windows 7 VPN
How far have you managed to get?

I have an IPSec VPN setup on a 2820 and it works fine from Vista/XP but when connecting form Windows 7 I am having issues. I am about to post a new topic for that. See if it is the issue you are having...?

• samprior
  • Topic Author
More
22 Dec 2009 10:05 #4 by samprior
Replied by samprior on topic Got further
I have now managed to get the VPN to connect however it is very slow which I'm sure is something to do with the security settings. It would be good if someone from Draytek monitoring these forums actually tested this out as more and more people will start to use Windows 7. Mind you SEG communications don't do anything without there being some money for them involved...customer service/support is rubbish!

More
22 Dec 2009 10:37 #5 by paulj48
Replied by paulj48 on topic Re: Got further

samprior wrote: It would be good if someone from Draytek monitoring these forums actually tested this out as more and more people will start to use Windows 7.

Nobody from Draytek monitor these forums.

samprior wrote: Mind you SEG communications don't do anything without there being some money for them involved...customer service/support is rubbish!

Have you tried creating a support ticket? when I needed support they where very helpful, remotely logged into my router and solved my problem.