DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN to Zyxel 661/662 routers

• officeitplus
  • Topic Author
More
04 Dec 2009 20:57 #1 by officeitplus
VPN to Zyxel 661/662 routers was created by officeitplus
As A reseller I am trying Vigor 2710 routers as an alternative to the Zyxel 661/662 routers. I already have a large number of customers with established Zyxel units in place and I currently use a 662HW in my office. I am trying to set up LAN to LAN VPN connections Both from remote offices to the main office for customers and for support from remote offices to my office. So far I have had no success.

On the Zyxel I can see from the log gives details of the progress through the VPN negotiation and can work out where to look for problems with the configuration. Unless I've missed it the Vigor log report is completely devoid of such information. The FAQs on the web site relate to fairly old Vigor and Zywall devices so are no help. I have set up links for Netgear to Zyxel in the past with little difficulty.

Has anyone managed to set up this type link? If so how? Am I missing more detail in the logs? Any help/advice would be most welcome.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2009 09:42 #2 by lozstlouis
Replied by lozstlouis on topic VPN to Zyxel 661/662 routers
Tony. have you got a syslogger on your network? Or indeed have you tried the logger in the router tools program?

www.alits.co.uk

• officeitplus
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2009 12:21 #3 by officeitplus
Replied by officeitplus on topic VPN to Zyxel 661/662 routers

lozstlouis wrote: Tony. have you got a syslogger on your network?

No, I could install wireshark but I don't see how this how this would help. Isn't the VPN transaction taking place between the routers so there will be no network transactions?

Or indeed have you tried the logger in the router tools program?

It was the syslog app from the router tools download I was using. All I could find was a list of the VPN dial attempts. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tony

• officeitplus
  • Topic Author
More
11 Dec 2009 14:14 #4 by officeitplus
Replied by officeitplus on topic Solved
I now understand from SEG support that due to changes made by Draytek in the last firmware revision setting up IPSec tunnels are not possible on the 2710. :(

Tony

More
11 Dec 2009 16:58 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic VPN to Zyxel 661/662 routers
The susggestion was for a syslog daemon, not a sniffer. The Vigor will report to that.

I now understand from SEG support that due to changes made by Draytek in the last firmware revision setting up IPSec tunnels are not possible on the 2710.

I think you've misunderstood something; IPSec is definitely support on V2710 tunnels.

Forum Administrator