Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Outbound VPN

• jon3905
  • Topic Author
More
19 Dec 2009 14:23 #1 by jon3905
Outbound VPN was created by jon3905
Hi,

I'm using VPN to connect to a server at work but the connection keeps dropping. Would the load balancing be causing a problem, I.E like it does for some HTTPS access. I've created a couple of load balance policies to try and resolve it but to no avail. I'm connecting using PPTP so i've tried routing all 1723 port traffic down one WAN, even tried routing all traffic for my laptop over one WAN, but it still keeps dropping. I can make the connection ok and it works for about a minute, but then seems to lose the route. Is there anything I should be doing setup wise for outbound VPN?

Thanks
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2009 20:00 #2 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic Outbound VPN
what do you have the idle timeout set to?

• jon3905
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2009 20:32 #3 by jon3905
Replied by jon3905 on topic Outbound VPN
Hi Drewy,

I wasn't aware there was an idle timeout, whereabouts would I find that setting?

Thanks
Jon

• jon3905
  • Topic Author
More
23 Dec 2009 09:16 #4 by jon3905
Replied by jon3905 on topic Outbound VPN
Hi,

Update.
I've disabled the first WAN thinking it was load balanced related, but it's still happening. I don't think it's timeout related either, as it happens whilst i'm navigating web sites, it just drops and the browser reports it can't find the server. I then can't even open google, so it's losing it's connection somehow. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Jon