• Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2010 12:56 #1 by cabot
Site to site VPN Ip forwarding? was created by cabot
I have 2 draytek vigor 2820 routers setup with a PPTP VPN

Router 1 is the main office and has the
1st IP of 192.168.10.252 (local LAN)
Sub class C
2nd IP of 10.170.101.250 (3rd party network)
Sub Class C
From router 1 I have a static route sending all 172.22.215.0 traffic to the gateway of 10.170.101.251

Router 2 is a remote branch and has the
1st IP of 192.168.12.252
Sub class C
2nd IP of 192.168.10.252
Sub class C

I can ping router 1 from router 2 and have setup the VPN ok, what I need to do is now route to the IP address 172.22.215.66 but I cannot get to this address from router 2. When performing a tracert it sends the traffic to the internet and not down the VPN. i would appreciate any help on this matter as I am working on a very short time scale.
:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2010 17:24 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Site to site VPN Ip forwarding?
It looks like you will need to change the VPN profile for the remote site, go to the VPN profile and look at the TCP/IP settings, click the More button and enter the IP range/subnet of the 172 network on there. Once the VPN tunnel is re-established it should be aware that that IP range is available through router 1.

• cabot
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jan 2010 10:46 #3 by cabot
Replied by cabot on topic Site to site VPN Ip forwarding?

Voodle wrote: It looks like you will need to change the VPN profile for the remote site, go to the VPN profile and look at the TCP/IP settings, click the More button and enter the IP range/subnet of the 172 network on there. Once the VPN tunnel is re-established it should be aware that that IP range is available through router 1.

Thanks for your reply i have entered the 172 network in to more but it doesent seem to have fully resolved the issue.

to clarify if i use a dial in VPN connection to router 1 i can ping the 172 network ok but even with the newwork added as suggested i still cannot route to it but i can router to anything else connected tro router 1 with out any issue it has to be something silly i am missing?

• cabot
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2010 08:46 #4 by cabot
Replied by cabot on topic Site to site VPN Ip forwarding?
Thanks for all the help

i have now resolved with the additionl help of the draytek helpdesk the reason the VPN did not forward the network traffic was due to the fact i hade entered 172.22.215.0/32 instead of 172.22.215.0/24

i hope this helps others resolve simular issues

cheers