DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN Will Not Connect Error 619

More
05 Apr 2010 11:24 #1 by dpw44
VPN Will Not Connect Error 619 was created by dpw44
I have been searching for a solution to this problem for some time now and have found nothing.

I have a Draytek Vigor 2820 connected to a standard Virgin media cable internet conneciton (Using an NTL250 cable modem)

I can connect to my work VPN if I connect my laptop straight to my cable modem, so I assume that this must be a router issue; however if I plug a USB 3G broadband card into it, then I can VPN through the router with no problems (and no change to configuration).

I have tried forwarding all the VPN ports through the router, VPN passthrough is enabled, I have added my laptops IP Address to the DMZ, reset the router to its default settings and reconfigured it, but no matter what I try it will not connect.

I "connect" to my work VPN using the Windows XP inbuilt VPN Client over IPSec.

When I try to connect it fails at the authentication stage with error 619.

My broadband works fine and has always been fast and reliable, the only thing that I can think of that could have had any effect is that Virgin introduced their "Advanced Network Error Search" (redirects you to a search page if DNS is not resolved); I have opted out from this though, so I have almost ruled out any effect this may have had.

I really would appreciate any help on this as I am really running out of ideas. Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Dave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2010 17:35 #2 by dpw44
Replied by dpw44 on topic Update
I have tried using a Linksys WRT54GL and it connects perfectly first time with very little configuration. All that was required was setting up the WAN connection

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.