DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Printing Via Terminal Services over VPN with QoS

More
16 Jun 2010 16:09 #1 by j8yba
Hello
Ive installed two 2820 vigors at two offices, connected them both with Lan-to-Lan VPN using IPSEC.

Both routers and networks talk fine to each other, if not a little slow.

Ive enabled QoS Bandwidth control but now, user A cannot print via terminal services to the printer next to him on his network. The printer is set up on the Terminal Server with the correct IP address etc and he can print fine from his normal desktop.

Am i missing something, Ive even added the RAW port 9100 into the firewall settings.

I can ping the Printers IP Address from the terminal server ok too

please help.

Below is the Bandwith management settings
1 Active 10.0.1.0(mask:255.255.255.0) to 10.0.0.79 ANY ANY
2 Active 10.0.1.0 (mask:255.255.255.0) 10.0.0.0 mask:255.255.255.0) ANY RAW

and vice versa on the other end

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2010 08:29 #2 by jaller79
Replied by jaller79 on topic Remote Print VPN
To pinpoint the issue try printing locally - then remote to server at same site then print from this in a rdp session. When printing open spooler window see if spools - after this try creating tcpip printing port and printing to it direct - then next look in evenet viewer to see if drivers are missing.

thanks
John

thanks

John

More
18 Jun 2010 15:01 #3 by j8yba
Hi John, thanks for your reply...

I see your from Southport, UK??? So am I!!! Whereabouts, what company do you work for? What skills do you have in draytek routers? I may need some tweaking to be done on the routers and will look for someone freelance to do it.

The users can print locally from thier desktops fine. There is no server at their end, just 3 desktops.

Ive managed to get them printing by basically trashing some firewall rules, but its only a temporary measure. now when they print, say a 1.5MB PDF, the printer properties shows the document as 3MB?? and take ages to print. its like it doubles the documents size.

help!

More
18 Jun 2010 16:10 #4 by jaller79
Replied by jaller79 on topic Hello its not Matt is it?
Any way my name is John company www.allertech.co.uk - I have worked on citrix for few years so have had a few dealings with session printing.

see my website and give me a call by all means -

www.allertech.co.uk

thanks

John