DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2920 PPTP Remote Access/VPN with Windows 7 clients

• keyoke
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jun 2010 14:11 #1 by keyoke
Hi,
Im having trouble setting up this type of VPN, I have used the "VPN Server Wizard" to setup a remote access working etc with the PPTP option set as well as username and password, also set the IP addr to one within the vpn's range.

When I try to setup the connection on windows 7 it repeatedly asks for my username password and domain which are all correct.

The router has the latest firmware installed

What am I doing wrong help??
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2010 13:27 #2 by voodle
Have you got the "Remote Dial-In User" option under the VPN menu? If not, then it's a problem with the firmware currently, there's another thread on this forum about it, basically if that option's not there then you'll need to contact draytek support and ask for the firmware that re-adds those menu options.

• tgold
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jun 2010 19:21 #3 by tgold
I don't know what you're doing wrong but I have the 2920's VPN server working fine with Windows XP clients.

In Server Mode I selected Remote Dial-in User, in Index, I chose 1 for the first user, in Allowed Dial-in type I left only PPTP selected, after Next I entered a username and a password and left the IP address blank. On Next I clicked Finish.

There is an oddity in that if I click "View more detailed configurations" I always reach a weird 404 Unauthorized error page with every browser I've thrown at it.

BTW in the XP client setup there is no request for any domain name, and if there was, I would not know what to use. The sequence there was:

Connect to network at my workplace
VPN connection (not dial up)
Company name (just used to give a useful name the connection icon).
Do not dial the initial connection (assuming I'm connecting from a LAN).
Host name (ip address or name of one of the 2920 WANs)
Finish

HTH.

Tony

• keyoke
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jun 2010 09:40 #4 by keyoke
Hi,
##tgold
I tried these steps with no luck, but thanks
##Voodle
There is no menu item I will contact support, thanks
Cheers