DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

mOTP in new 2820 firmware

More
15 Jul 2010 17:02 #7 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic mOTP in new 2820 firmware
The 25 random keys is literally press buttons until it's done, that will then generate the secret which is what you enter on the 2820 alongside the PIN.

Then to make the one time key using the java app, enter the pin and use the generated key.

Time is the biggest issue though, my iPhone has a stupidly inaccurate clock and no way to set the time using NTP :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2010 13:29 #8 by flippin
Replied by flippin on topic mOTP in new 2820 firmware
I had it work once and then never again. I am not sure what the issue is - as I can sit with the router "set date and time screen" up and it is showing the same time as my iphone and it still fails.

I am alos having issues in that my vpn keeps dying and some of my mac to ip addrs have been lost.

• mcgookin
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jul 2010 15:13 #9 by mcgookin
Replied by mcgookin on topic mOTP in new 2820 firmware

Voodle wrote: The 25 random keys is literally press buttons until it's done, that will then generate the secret which is what you enter on the 2820 alongside the PIN.

Then to make the one time key using the java app, enter the pin and use the generated key.

Time is the biggest issue though, my iPhone has a stupidly inaccurate clock and no way to set the time using NTP :(

thanks Voodle...I can see the VPN connection starting now, auth looks ok but fails with an LCP timeout shortly after..

Need to wait until I get a bit more time to try to narrow down what's (not) happening!

More
28 Jul 2010 19:24 #10 by nebula_999
Replied by nebula_999 on topic mOTP in new 2820 firmware
This may have somthing to do with the fact that Draytek have managed to break the remote dial in function in 3.3.4 (without mOTP)

I had several clients using this on 3.3.3 and earlier and every one of them stopped working after upgrading to 3.3.4, backed them out to 3.3.3 and all working again.

Well done Draytek!

More
29 Jul 2010 09:26 #11 by admin
Replied by admin on topic mOTP in new 2820 firmware

Nebula_999 wrote: break the remote dial in function in 3.3.4 ....Well done Draytek!

That's not something I'm aware of, and I use teleworker dial-in.... Did you report this or ask UK support?

Forum Administrator

More
29 Jul 2010 11:37 #12 by nebula_999
Replied by nebula_999 on topic mOTP in new 2820 firmware
Not contacted support yet, the important thing was to get the clients "teleworker" VPN's working again. I will retest this on my system when I get some time. I am using the standard XP VPN client and it definately breaks when upgraded to 3.3.4 on 3 different routers/ADSL circuits. If necessary I will start a new thread for this.