Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2110 and non exsisting VPN's

• fmonkey27
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2010 21:36 #1 by fmonkey27
Draytek 2110 and non exsisting VPN's was created by fmonkey27
Hi, hope someone can help me!

I have acouple of issues with the 2110 Draytek.....

1. How the hell do you setup a LAN-LAN vpn between 2 2110's? i can only find Dial out settings within the LAN-LAN vpn setup. Does this mean it will only act as a dial out vpn router to head office VPN routers?

2. How do you setup a teleworker VPN dial in on a 2110?

3. I have the 2110 at home looking after my local network, i also use a VPN client on my PC. When i am on the local network and try to build a tunnel to a remote site using my Laptop vpn client i can build the tunnel but get no data going across to the other networks? I have used this VPN client on loads of different networks that have drayteks/netgears/zyxels as the main router and never had an issue, but for some reason the 2110 seems to stop data passing back and forth! i have tried switching off the firewall making my pc a dmz but get nothing!

Any help would be appriciated as im about to throw this router at the wall!

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fmonkey27
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2010 21:42 #2 by fmonkey27
Replied by fmonkey27 on topic Draytek 2110 and non exsisting VPN's
Sorry scrap the first 2 points, just read the product specs and it does clearly state that it is DIAL OUT only! seems like a daft idea tho!

• trolleybus
  • User
  • User
More
05 Nov 2010 12:33 #3 by trolleybus
Replied by trolleybus on topic Draytek 2110 and non exsisting VPN's

fmonkey27 wrote: Sorry scrap the first 2 points, just read the product specs and it does clearly state that it is DIAL OUT only! seems like a daft idea tho!

Never occurred to me that the 2110 would not support VPN dial in!!! OK when you have a DETAILED look at the specification, the feature is not there but Draytek's claim that it is suitable for SOHO use doesn't stack up as this would be a normal feature to expect in this environment.

So you can hardly box up the unit and take it back to supplier to exchange it for an alternative router that supports this feature, so short of shelling out again, we are bu*****d.

So is it too much to ask for a firmware update that would add this feature? Intended purchases of this product, be warned of this failing.