Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Tunnel between Draytek 2820 and Watchguard XTM22 expires

• chsnetworks
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
24 Aug 2010 09:35 #1 by chsnetworks
I have a Watchguard XTM22 that has tunnels setup to a Netear Firewall and other Watchguard X20e etc. One tunnel goes to a Draytek 2820 that once a day will disconnect, it is almost like it just times out. The tunnel can be connected again by simply starting a ping from the Wathchguard XTM network to the Draytek. I have changed phase 1 and 2 settings and SA lifetimes but still once a day the connection is terminated. The other tunnels on the Watchguard never disconnect like this. Has anyone come across this problem? Or has any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2010 12:42 #2 by chrisst
I see this 'feature' on our drayteks (2600/2600+/2800/2820/2900) to watchguard x1000 vpn connections.
doesnt really solve it but you could make your draytek vpn profile always on, this would make it a 'dial out' connection.
It seems that the draytek will always reconnect after 24 hours albeit with a small downtime while it renegotiates.
Where as on a two way vpn the watcguard would not always renegotiate/reconnect (if the watchguard was the initiator) after 24hours - even if there is traffic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.