Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820 vpn connection to StrongVPN

• dffitch
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Sep 2010 18:55 #1 by dffitch
Has anyone had any success either using PTPP or L2TP conneting to a StrongVPN server http://strongvpn.com/

I have had limited success with PTPP, where I see a connection established and have set up the Lan to Lan to send all traffic via the WAN connection.

I also appear to have an issue manually setting up DNS - how on eartth do you do this on the 2820 for the VPN??

Thanks for any help in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2010 06:47 #2 by jonnymaserati
Replied by jonnymaserati on topic Also trying to connect Draytek Vigor 2820 to StrongVPN
dffitch

i'm also trying to attempt the same thing, but so far had less success than you! can you let me know what settings you have used? did you manage to get it working any better?

shame no one else has responded. seems the router is very good at being a server, but not a client?

regards... jonny

More
02 Nov 2010 11:22 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Vigor 2820 vpn connection to StrongVPN
It can work well as a client, you need to set the LAN to LAN connection to dial-out as normal but leave the remote network IP as 0.0.0.0 and on the right, change the mode from Route to NAT, also tick the use VPN as default route option, that should then work :)

More
02 Nov 2010 12:57 #4 by jonnymaserati
Replied by jonnymaserati on topic Vigor 2820 vpn connection to StrongVPN
excellent... i'll try it out tonight.

More
03 Nov 2010 05:10 #5 by jonnymaserati
Replied by jonnymaserati on topic Vigor 2820 vpn connection to StrongVPN
voodle

tried as you suggested buy no luck. if i post my settings would you mind having a look and seeing if there's anything obvious that's not set up correctly?

regards...

More
10 Nov 2010 13:10 #6 by sim
Replied by sim on topic Vigor 2820 vpn connection to StrongVPN
I have had this working for nearly a year now with various VPN services Strong VPN being one of them. I set it up as Voodle has stated above, but have only ever got PPTP working. If anyone has managed to get L2TP working then please let me know.