DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Accessing my network from abroad

More
10 Oct 2010 15:07 #1 by malx7
Accessing my network from abroad was created by malx7
Hope some clever individual reads this!! I'm often travelling abroad and want to access certain websites (BBC iPlayer, Sky Player, Sky, ITV ...) via a UK internet access, as non-UK internet addresses aren't allowed access. I have tried remote PC access (e.g. LOGMEIN.COM), but the quality is very poor and slow. Can I access my 2820n from aboard and use it to access the websites? If so ... HOW do I do it?? Thanks!!

2820n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2010 15:56 #2 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic Accessing my network from abroad
It's easy. Just enable PPP VPN connection, set up a remote dial user account using PPP as the connection type.
On your mobile device set-up the VPN and point it to your routers external static IP address that should be it.
If you don't have an external static IP address set-up an Dyndns.org account and configure the router to use it.
I've done both methods but now only use my external static IP. Works a treat. I even let a friend of mine from the UK who now lives in Switzerland dial into my router so he can use BBC iPlayer and Spotify.

More
10 Oct 2010 19:56 #3 by malx7
Replied by malx7 on topic Accessing my network from abroad
Thanks for getting back so quickly. Will try it out and let you know if I get stuck

2820n