2820 Infinity and VPN

• layer7
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Oct 2010 15:39 #1 by layer7
2820 Infinity and VPN was created by layer7
I've managed to get my 2820 working with the BT Infinity modem via WAN2. However the IPSEC VPN which was working on my other provider has now stopped working. I've changed the ocnfiguration to reflect the new IP address (albeit dynamic as I don't think you can get a statis IP on Infinity).

Anyone managed ot do this yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2010 17:18 #2 by -chris-
Replied by -chris- on topic Just upgraded to BT infinity
Having exactly the same issue. I've setup the BT Hub in DMZ mode (pointing to the draytek 2820 (WAN2)) - so it should be 'as if' the 2820 is directly connected to the internet.

Unfortunately I can't VPN into the draytek and the LAN-to-LAN is functioning in or out.

It's worth noting that the 2820 doesn't have a DSL cable in it anymore and I've deactivated WAN1.

More
17 Nov 2010 08:49 #3 by candl
Replied by candl on topic 2820 Infinity and VPN

I've setup the BT Hub in DMZ mode (pointing to the draytek 2820 (WAN2)) - so it should be 'as if' the 2820 is directly connected to the internet.

I suspect not, the 2820 is still likely to have a private IP allocated.
Why are you using the BT Hub at all. Just plug the WAN2 connection of the 2820 into the Infinity Modem and set WAN2 for PPPoe connection.[/quote]

• andrew white
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
05 Dec 2010 13:30 #4 by andrew white
Replied by andrew white on topic 2820 Infinity and VPN
I am effectively having the same problem with a BE Box.
The Draytek Lan-2-Lan VPN doesn't work when connected through the BE Box as a Bridge.

Did you find a solution to your problem?

More
05 Dec 2010 16:50 #5 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2820 Infinity and VPN
Try it as a Dial-Out VPN instead maybe? Also I was doing something similar with an O2 router recently, while I was updating the firmware for that I did read that one of the firmware version (ends in .3 I think) has problems with IPSec.

• andrew white
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
05 Dec 2010 19:33 #6 by andrew white
Replied by andrew white on topic 2820 Infinity and VPN
Thanks. I've tried 3 versions of BE Box firmware (Current stable, previous stable and Beta). All with the same problem.

I tend to use the Lan2Lan VPN from both ends. i.e. dialin& dialout.

I think the problem has something to do with NAT. Either the BE Box is blocking the NAT, or the Draytek is expecting a different response than the BE Box provides.

How did you set configure your WAN2?