Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPSEC VPN to company LAN

• brijaphen
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jan 2011 21:52 #1 by brijaphen
IPSEC VPN to company LAN was created by brijaphen
Hi all

I am using my Vigor 2110n to connect to my office. I connect to the IPSEC VPN using a Cisco VPN client, software version 5.

I am able to connect to the Cisco VPN, and I get an IP from the office firewall, but my remote desktop connection to my RSA RAS server is unable to connect. I have not made any special setting entries on the Vigor, merely set up the WAN and wireless.

I previously used another entry-level cable router, which allowed me in.

Please could you advise me on the best settings for the Vigor ?

The FAQ's speak of LAN-to-LAN VPN using 2 Vigor's, which does not help me. I am connecting from Vigor to IPSEC VPN and then remote desktop to a RSA RAS server.

Many thanks

Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2011 11:06 #2 by thingos
Replied by thingos on topic Re: IPSEC VPN to company LAN
Hi,
Did you get a resolution to your issue? I have a similar issue. I recently got a Vigor 2710n, all works fine at home, however when trying to connect to the company's IPSec VPN service the connect drops after a few minutes with a message ---
"Cisco VPN Client Reason 412 – The remote peer is no longer responding"

I've looked over the Vigor's setting and some other forums for help. One suggestion in the FAQ to turn on VPN passthough; 'srv nat ipsecpass on'; has not helped (http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportFAQDetail.php?ID=191).

The old ADSL router I had worked without any special setup. I have no option to change anything on the PC/Cisco VPN client side as that is all locked down my company. The only thing that has changed in my setup is the new Vigor swapped for the old dead ADSL modem. If i can't get this working the Draytek Vigor will be going back.

M.

More
13 Jul 2011 18:20 #3 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Re: IPSEC VPN to company LAN
Have you tried in addition to turn on the ipseccpass mode, to disable all VPN server functions in the 2710 ?
Go into the Web-interface, under VPN and Remote access, Remote Access control, uncheck all boxes, press ok, and, restart the router.

• mocuirc
  • User
  • User
More
24 Sep 2011 14:30 #4 by mocuirc
Replied by mocuirc on topic Re: IPSEC VPN to company LAN
I have a Vigor 2710n as well and despite my best efforts I cannot link to my company network via VPN. Similary I had a cheap router before and did nothing to the router to use VPN . I just set it up on the PC and off I went. If anyone can give me a simple to follow
guide as to how to get this to work when i have an IP, username, password, domain and local IP address for my company, I would be most greatful. MOC

More
26 Sep 2011 09:20 #5 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: IPSEC VPN to company LAN
Try the following command via the routers telnet interface:

srv nat ipsecpass on