DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 VPN 'Lock out'

• mtechsupport
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2011 16:53 #1 by mtechsupport
2820 VPN 'Lock out' was created by mtechsupport
Slightly similar to one or two postings I have seen, we have a 2820N (Firmware 3.3.5_232201) which handles just data traffic from a remote office, including individual VPN's (Microsofts VPN, nothing 'special' like Cisco). The VPN's work absolutely fine but, occasionally, if the BB line drops or there is a 'blip' the VPN just will not reconnect without a physical reboot of the router. I have remotely accessed a users PC on the link when this has occured, they can get Internet access and ping the target VPN but it will not reconnect. Connecting using the same users credentials from our site works absolutely fine. A remote reboot of the router does not clear the problem, only a physical off/on.
Any ideas welcomed?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2012 16:33 #2 by mpwox11
Replied by mpwox11 on topic Re: 2820 VPN 'Lock out'
I've had experience of 2600, 2800 and 2820 routers experiencing a "lock out" after a period of time. Not all router, just some. And when they do, they will continue to operate fine, but do not accept any new VPN or local connections, so you can't reboot it without using the power switch. Firmware upgrades never fixed these issues, but as it wasn't too common or too frequent, we've lived with it.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2012 17:07 #3 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2820 VPN 'Lock out'
Do the VPN profiles include a ping or keep alive? This should help the unit to realise that the link failed. Or would changing the direction help? From Dial out to Dial in ? Regards, Neal

More
15 Jun 2012 10:01 #4 by maso2020
Replied by maso2020 on topic Re: 2820 VPN 'Lock out'
I've had experience of 2600, 2800 and 2820 routers experiencing a "lock out" after a period of time.

• marklichfield
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2014 09:35 #5 by marklichfield
Replied by marklichfield on topic Re: 2820 VPN 'Lock out'
I have the same problem - I got around it by writing a script to reboot the router which is activated by sending an specific email message to my mail server ....