Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No mOTP support for SSL VPN on the Vigor 2930

• trhitcengineers
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2011 16:06 #1 by trhitcengineers
No mOTP support for SSL VPN on the Vigor 2930 was created by trhitcengineers
Hi there,

After sweating over this for a while, I have been advised by Draytek UK that the Vigor 2930 only supports mOTP on PPTP and L2TP VPNs.

This is not clear in the specification on their website and when you look at the SSL VPN specification, it leads you to believe that mOTP is supported with SSL VPNs:

Vigor 2930

Has anyone else come a cropper with this? It definitely works for L2TP as I have tested - just doesn't work for SSL VPNs.

The only option I seem to have is to provide the customer with the 2955 as I have seen guides on how to set that up but can someone confirm that this does support SSL VPN with mOTP.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2011 16:15 #2 by christianyoung
Replied by christianyoung on topic Re: No mOTP support for SSL VPN on the Vigor 2930
I've just looked into this too, and can't see how it can be done (more's the pity!) using the 2930. :-(

I agree this is wholly mis-leading as it talks about mOTP on the SSL VPN page here: http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2930.html

I would like to know if there are any plans for Draytek to support SSL VPN and mOTP on the 2930, or whether I need to consider an alternative VPN appliance?

• trhitcengineers
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jun 2011 16:39 #3 by trhitcengineers
Replied by trhitcengineers on topic Re: No mOTP support for SSL VPN on the Vigor 2930
I have had some feedback from DrayTek UK and now have a beta release of firmware that has mOTP support for the SSL VPN client.

It is all there on the Dial-In users account screen with the current firmware - just doesn't work.

I'll let you know how I get on when we test it.