Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPSEC crashes in seconds with 3.3.5.2_232201

• arj
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jul 2011 21:04 #1 by arj
I'm attempting to setup a IPSEC LAN to LAN connection. I'm finding that the router reboots after just a few seconds as soon as I "Enable IPSec VPN Service" from the VPN Remote Access Control menu. I'm guessing it's because the remote system is trying to connect and causing some problem.

Is there a version of firmware that is more stable than 3.3.5.2_232201 when using IPSEC?

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2011 09:59 #2 by voodle
If it's crashing like that then it's probably something wrong with the routing table, have you set anything under the More button or does it maybe conflict with any other IP ranges?

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jul 2011 10:05 #3 by nealuk
We have a 2820 3.3.5.2 with several IPsec VPNs running, and find it to be very stable with good uptimes

The other device (which doesn't crash) - does this have some kind of Syslog which could give clues as to what may be the difficulty?

• arj
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jul 2011 16:30 #4 by arj
I have not set anything under the more settings. I'm double checking that I have the correct remote IP network address. They seem to have a strange NAT scheme at the remote end. I have the My WAN IP=0.0.0.0 and Remote Gateway IP=0.0.0.0 is this correct for non Draytek remote routers?

Andrew

• arj
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jul 2011 17:09 #5 by arj
If I disable all LAN to LAN profiles and then select "Enable IPSec VPN Service" from "Remote Access Control" the router still crashes (and reboots) a couple of seconds after the ADSL connects. Surely no routing can take place with all the LAN to LAN profiles disabled. The other end of the link is a Ruggedcom (industrial ethernet) router.

Andrew

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jul 2011 13:45 #6 by nealuk
That crashing doesn't sound good. If you reset the router back to defaults, then make all of your config from scratch, does the crashing still happen?