DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Site-to-Site VPN & True-DMZ on same public IP?

• matty-uk
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2011 10:28 #1 by matty-uk
Hi, I currently I have multiple fixed public IPs but am having to change provider for reasons outside of my control. The migration will leave me with one public IP. I am planning/hoping to use the True-DMZ facility on my router to pass on the public IP to a client device.

My problem is that my Draytek Vigor 2820n is configured with a site-to-site VPN. Does anyone know if enabling True-DMZ breaks the VPN functionality of the router?

Thanks

Matt
:roll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matty-uk
  • Topic Author
More
06 Aug 2011 21:47 #2 by matty-uk

Does anyone know if enabling True-DMZ breaks the VPN functionality of the router?

To answer my own question.
Site-to-Site – No [Still works]
Remote Access Users - Yes [stops working]

A few points worth noting for anyone trying to do the same;
[*] It appears the True-DMZ host gets whatever’s left over e.g. If you configure port redirection, open ports, etc on the router then these ports and/or protocols are not passed on to the True-DMZ host.
[*] DHCP option did not work for me as the router tried to give the machine an invalid IP and subnet mask. I configured it manually getting the majority of the information from the “Online Status” screen. However the subnet mask had to gotten from the “NAT – Address Mapping” screen.
[*] Disable management from the internet as it does not work and interferes with port forwarding to the True-DMZ Host (un-togging is not enough).

My True-DMZ Host is an ISA 2006 server so I have enabled it to do the remote access users and router management from the internet. Therefore all functionally working again. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.