• iandrews
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Nov 2011 12:22 #1 by iandrews
2830 VPN and MultiNat IP's was created by iandrews
Hi,

I have a 2830 and am setting VPN up on it so that I can connect to my network from my iPhone / iPad while away.

I have a block of IP address form my ISP, and are using them in MultiNAT mode, so the router has one of the address, and others are listed in WAN Alias and used for port forwarding to different servers.

I have noticed that I am able to specify any of my IP address in the VPN client to connect to, not just the "Router" address. Is there any way to have the router not respond to VPN connections on the other IPs.

Also I have an App that allows me to WOL. This works fine when I am connected directly to my network, but not when connected using the VPN. Should it be possible to WOL over a VPN, I have put a "tick" in the box about allowing Multicast in the users VPN configuration, but still not working. I can WOL by connecting to the routers Web Admin pages once I have the VPN connection, and using the routers built in WOL, but it would be quicker / easier if I could do it from the App.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2012 19:26 #2 by daviesap
Replied by daviesap on topic Re: 2830 VPN and MultiNat IP's
Hello

Did you get your VPN server working?

Mine was working fine on a draytek 2830' using L2PT but when I recently turned on multinat by adding some static ips I can no longer connect to the draytek with a VPN connection.

I receive the "server is not responding" error.

Am wondering if I changed something when I added the additional ips - had assumed it just wouldn't work until I came across your post.

A tips gratefully received.

Andrew

• iandrews
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Feb 2012 09:44 #3 by iandrews
Replied by iandrews on topic Re: 2830 VPN and MultiNat IP's
Hi,

Yes VPN is working with MultiNat for me. Don't remember doing anything special, just switched on the VPN function (but I already had the MultiNat configured first). My issue was that I seem to be able to make the VPN connection using any of my MultiNat ip's and I was wondering if I could do something so that it only responded when using the router IP.

Ian.