DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

vpn and reboot

• vharrison
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2011 15:01 #1 by vharrison
vpn and reboot was created by vharrison
I have 9 remote vigor 2820 routers connecting to a headoffice vigor 2820 router with pptp vpn. Every couple of days i need to reboot the router inorder to re-connect one of the 9 vpn's. The 9 remote site's are connected to the external ip address by dial out with the HO router set to dial in. Maybe i have set this up incorrectly. Even when i try to manually connect from the remote router it will not connect until i reboot the HO router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
21 Dec 2011 10:06 #2 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: vpn and reboot
have you tried dropping the connection at each side, to see if this cures it rather than rebooting the entire router. I've 6 IP sec vpns with great uptimes, reaching months on the best link.

• vharrison
  • Topic Author
More
21 Dec 2011 12:50 #3 by vharrison
Replied by vharrison on topic Re: vpn and reboot
thanks for your responce. The connection does not exist on either side when this problem appears. The remote routers are set to dial out with always on checked and the ho router dial in. i can ping the external ip address of HO with averaging 60ms time from the remote router but even when i manually try to connection it will not connect until i reboot the HO router. it always seems to be only one of the 9 routers that might not connect.