DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

stacking multiple routes over one IPSEC tunnel?

• mjtibbz
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jan 2012 13:59 #1 by mjtibbz
Hi Guys,

I have a Vigor 2830 at a branch office, which has an IPSEC VPN tunnel established to our Cisco 1800 in the main office.
We have 3 different remote subnets that need to be routed over the VPN.

I have tried to "stack" the 3 routes into the tunnel by clicking on the "more" button under section 4 of the LAN2LAN profile.
It seems to basically ignore any routes I define in this section, and will only route to the first subnet defined on the main page (in this case 192.168.16.0/24) as illustrated below:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1535/2830vpn.jpg

As such I have had to create 3 seperate tunnels to route each subnet which seems overkill and resource heavy.

Is there anyway to stack multiple routes to the one tunnel? the functionality appears to be there, so not sure why it doesn't work.
Also I have updated to latest firmware in the hope of a fix, but the issue remains.

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jan 2012 16:34 #2 by nealuk
Are you sure that you don't need a rule on the Cisco 1800 to permit the additional stacked routes to go over to the 172.22.2.1 VPN ? Regards, Neal.

• mjtibbz
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jan 2012 02:10 #3 by mjtibbz
Hi,

The 1800 is fully managed by our ISP.
I would imagine the routes are fully configured in the 1800 and working, because traffic flow is fine for all 3 subnets, its just that I have to create 3 separate LAN2LAN IPSEC profiles (tunnels) in the Vigor to achieve it, one for each subnet.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2012 09:29 #4 by nealuk
I think it's worth contacting the ISP and running this by them

• mjtibbz
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jan 2012 12:45 #5 by mjtibbz
I don't think they offer any support on products other than Cisco, I'll check though.
I'm still inclined to think its more an issue with the Draytek itself though (unless someone can confirm that they are route stacking with no issues).
Cheers

More
14 Jan 2012 15:23 #6 by lozstlouis
I have found that you can only do one subnet per tunnel. So each other subnet needs another tunnel.

www.alits.co.uk