Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3100 dial-in to VPN server

• heckilaci
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jan 2012 09:08 #1 by heckilaci
Vigor 3100 dial-in to VPN server was created by heckilaci
Hi,
I have spent hours on this, and although I suspect there must be a simple solution, I have not been able to find it. Here is the story
I use a Vigor3100 with a 3G USB dongle to create a network that is connected the the Internet via the mobile internet connection. However, mobile operators, particularly on cheaper packages, often do not provide an IP address that is visible from the outside world, so I cannot connect TO any of the devices on the network remotely, which is my aim.
I set up a VPN dial-in from the router, local IP 192.168.120.254, into Windows XP Pro VPN server (which is behind my router, but I port forwarded PPTN to the PC running the VPN server). The wired LAN address is 192.168.1.0.
This works fine, and I can remotely connect to the Vigor 3100 (whether the VPN server ip is in the 192.168.1.0 or the 192.168.120.0 range), but I cannot connect to any of the devices behind the Vogor router on the remore network.
I can dial in through another VPN channel, using the local IP 192.168.120.254, and it works, but is there any way to solve this without running two VPN tunnels? I mean a setting on the Draytek Vigor 3100 dial-in setup to allow users of the VPN server's network, or at least the VPN server itself, to see the Draytek Vigor's network on the dial-in tunnel?
Many thanks for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.