Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PPP connection over ISDN

• rich123
  • Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2012 11:15 #1 by rich123
PPP connection over ISDN was created by rich123
Hello,

I have a Draytek 2820Vsn router at a site and I'm trying to create a link from the office to site.
I'm experienced with standard VPNs over the internet but not with ISDN as it's way before my time so you will have to excuse the lack of knowledge.

The 2820Vsn has been hooked up to the data port on the ISDN box (NTE8) and that's as far as I have got.
At first I didn't think a VPN would be possible as there is no internet connection to the site, but I have been assured that it should be possible to dial into the router using PSTN.

I'm guessing I can just dial the ISDN number using a windows PPP VPN and connect that way using an old 56k modem but that doesn't seem to work. It doesn't even reach authentication so I'm guessing I've missed a configuration step on the router. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2012 20:26 #2 by rj
Replied by rj on topic Re: PPP connection over ISDN
Hi,

You can´t remote dial to a ISDN port from a POTS line for Data communications (ex: 56k modem)

Its only ISDN<>ISDN or POTS<>POTS.

regards,

rj

• rich123
  • Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2012 10:11 #3 by rich123
Replied by rich123 on topic Re: PPP connection over ISDN
Thank you for the reply,

Seems I either need to buy an ISDN line or more likely insist that they get an internet connection up on site.