Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820 VPN issues

• footix2
  • Topic Author
More
02 May 2012 13:30 #1 by footix2
Vigor 2820 VPN issues was created by footix2
Hello

We have a Vigor 2820 and are trying to setup a VPN specifically for when we take a PC to exhibition later in the year.

We have set up the remote dial-in user account to authenticate using PPTP and with password to access it. We then attempted to connect to our static IP, but Windows XP (and also the Draytek VPN utility) cannot connect to the router. XP throws out an 800 error. I have tested this both inside the network and externally (both originating from Sky broadband - our static IP is on Zen broaband eg we have 2 connections on our rotuter)

I tried updating to the latest firmware 3.3.7 (IIRC) but this had no effect either.

I did, by way of expirement, use XP to connect to the default gateway from inside the network via VPN. This connected fine and prompted me to enter my domian password.

We have used such VPNs in the past and previously we had the 2800 router.

Am I missing something somewhere to enable this. It just simply doesn't appear to work. Setting up a VPN in this way used to be the simplest of tasks.

Thanks for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• footix2
  • Topic Author
More
02 May 2012 13:48 #2 by footix2
Replied by footix2 on topic Re: Vigor 2820 VPN issues
I should also that I tested the exact same settings on my iPhone and it connected without any issue.

More
10 May 2012 13:19 #3 by blackhat72
Replied by blackhat72 on topic Re: Vigor 2820 VPN issues
Have you tried setting up a syslog host server and redirecting the syslogs from the draytek router to it, that will give you sufficient logging as to see whats going on, alternatively there is a syslog application which runs on windows which draytek have- thats a good starting point.

Follow "mikeys guides' on the draytek.co.uk site.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/router_faq.html - there's a section for VPN.

Technical Consultant.

www.fahrenheit-it.com