Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2130 VPN iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC

• ngins
  • Topic Author
More
02 May 2012 14:24 #1 by ngins
2130 VPN iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC was created by ngins
Hi All,

I am only a home user but I canot seem to get VPN setup for my 2130 so any help appreciated. I have followed the guides but all the configuration for the 2130 seems to be different to anything on the Draytek UK or International sites and other forums. I do not have a configure remote user in general, I just have under VPN settigns:
-PPTP Remote Dial-In
-IPSec Remote Dial-In

Which should I use - and if anyone has a guide that covers the 2130 specific menus then it would be great as anything else I can find on line is significantly different to the 2130

All I want to do is set up the VPN connection to dial into home server and access NAS etc there and if possible to then access the internet outbound from the same connection....I have 80/20 connection so bandwidth should be no problem.

Many thanks
Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2012 13:17 #2 by blackhat72
Replied by blackhat72 on topic Re: 2130 VPN iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC
Neil,

I would start by following the guides for howto setup pptp as this is the simplest method.

You also need to read up on how PPtp works and vpn technologies and be familiar with IP routing and the protocols which underpin what you're trying to achieve.

You also need to understand the client devices , like PC's, windows xp/7 and Apple Devices,( Ipad/iphone) - how are you intending to access your NAS via the i[Devices] and via what application (CIFS/NFS/FTP/HTTPS? )

More information is required.

Regards
dan

Technical Consultant.

www.fahrenheit-it.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.