DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2930 to 3300 problems

• tdansey
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2012 12:55 #1 by tdansey
2930 to 3300 problems was created by tdansey
We have a 3300 in the office and my remote office has linked to it for a couple of years using a 2820. Nildram ADSL in WAN1 and at one stage a Telewest/Virgin fibre and now it has a BT Infinity connection.

Ahead of a second Infinity line being attached I have put a 2930VS in place (we had one on the shelf) and used the 2820 as a modem to supply ADSL backup on WAN2 until the Infinity is delivered next week.

I have the line to the office set up and it is running well and I can fail over to either port on the 2930 or 3300. However, we have a Panasonic phone system in the office with IP handsets in the remote office and they cannot see the main office switch. They can't seem to connect to or PING anything on the 3300's network. This appears to be the same whichever port combination I use, e.g. 1>1, 1>2, 2>1, 2>2.

Is there a way to disable the 2930s VOIP in case this could be clashing (I doubt it though).

Any thoughts anyone please?

Thanks in advance - Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tdansey
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2012 15:01 #2 by tdansey
Replied by tdansey on topic Re: 2930 to 3300 problems
I seem to have cracked it by changing the RIP PROTOCOL CONTROL setting in LAN >> General Setup to "1st Subnet".

Is this a fluke or does RIP need to be on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.