Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN dhcp relay

• ashleyrobinson
  • Topic Author
More
31 May 2012 19:47 #1 by ashleyrobinson
VPN dhcp relay was created by ashleyrobinson
Hi all,

I have just setup a draytek 2830vn on a branch office site. I have setup a VPN tunnel to a watch guard 510 at our head office. tunnel is up and working fine I can ping everything at both sites.

I want clients on the branch office to get DHCP from a domain controller at head office

I set the dhcp relay in the LAN settings of the draytek to the internal ip of our DC, but for some reason I don't see the dhcp traffic passing over the tunnel.

Can this router forward dhcp packets over the VPN?

Cheers,

Ash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2012 17:29 #2 by toph3r
Replied by toph3r on topic Re: VPN dhcp relay

AshleyRobinson wrote: Hi all,

I have just setup a draytek 2830vn on a branch office site. I have setup a VPN tunnel to a watch guard 510 at our head office. tunnel is up and working fine I can ping everything at both sites.

I want clients on the branch office to get DHCP from a domain controller at head office

I set the dhcp relay in the LAN settings of the draytek to the internal ip of our DC, but for some reason I don't see the dhcp traffic passing over the tunnel.

Can this router forward dhcp packets over the VPN?

It doesn't appear so. It's frustrating, as I push out a DNS search suffix from dhcpd, yet the draytek has no way of doing this.

UPDATE: It turns out there is! 'sys domainname ' - works!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.