DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Weird VPN issue - IP allocation

• orderwise
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jul 2012 09:52 #1 by orderwise
Weird VPN issue - IP allocation was created by orderwise
I seem to have a strange issue with my VPN.

I have a 2955 - which is set to be the DHCP server. Start IP range is 10.1.100.2 with 245 pool counts.
Firmware is the latest on the UK site - 3.3.0

The 2955 is set to IP of 10.1.1.1, subnet 255.255.0.0

Whenever the first user connects to the VPN - it will generally allocate 10.1.100.2 - (depending on whether the first IP allocation has already been taken on the LAN)
When connected as the first user on the VPN - you can't connect to anything on the network. Computers don't even respond to a ping. I can ping the 2955 - but that's it.
The same computers respond to a ping if pinged when connected to the LAN.

If another user is already connected to the VPN - and I then dial in, I'm given another IP. When this happens, I can connect to and ping anything as if I am on the LAN (as I'd expect)- yet the first user who connects experiences the issue as above.

The VPN always connects fine and gets an IP. It's just when it's the first connection that's open, it's a problem.

Here is a screenshot of my VPN user account - which is setup exactly the same as the other users.

LAN setup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• orderwise
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2012 14:19 #2 by orderwise
Replied by orderwise on topic Re: Weird VPN issue - IP allocation
Just an update to this.

Have tested on multiple machines. All Windows 7 - but with different versions - Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate, 32 and 64 bit versions.

All setup using the Setup a new connection or Network feature, then selecting Connect to a Workplace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.