Vigor 2710 VPN Pass Through - How to

• markcaff
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Oct 2012 12:51 #1 by markcaff
Vigor 2710 VPN Pass Through - How to was created by markcaff
Hi, I hope someone can help, we have a Vigor 2710 and want to enable VPN pass through for PPTP. I have set the ports to forward to the server but when a user tries to connect from outside of the company it always fails. I have also enabled open ports.
Other ports forward through quite happily. I have looked at the vpn passthrough faq but the interface shown looks to be for a different router. I'm sure this is a quick fix and I have just not checked or unchecked something.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markcaff
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Nov 2012 10:03 #2 by markcaff
Replied by markcaff on topic Re: Vigor 2710 VPN Pass Through - How to
Well it seems that the interface on the router is not the sane as the faq because it needs a bios update. This update will also allow the routers own vpn system to be turned off through the interface. I found this out from the premium support line (77pence per minute) on Draytek's website but is not provided by Draytek!!
They told me I could turn off the vpn through telnet using the command "vpn remote PPTP off" this did not work, it gives an error in the command...... does anyone know the correct command please? because i'm connecting to router remotely I can't do the bios update until I go on site.

Any help with the telnet command to turn the router's PPTP of appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.